Turnaround, Restructuring & Insolvency
Druces LLP has a tradition of successful involvement for our clients in business turnaround, rescue, and restructuring. We provide practical legal advice through the spectrum of turnaround to formal insolvency. Our lawyers provide a full service to companies in financial difficulties as well as to banks and other lenders, trade creditors and suppliers. We also act for office-holders in formal insolvency procedures such as administration, company voluntary arrangements, receiverships, and liquidations.
We often put together cross-disciplinary teams of experts in corporate law, corporate finance, commercial property, tax, dispute resolution, employment and pensions who are able to work swiftly in implementing our clients’ commercial requirements and strategies. Our experience is not limited to domestic UK groups – we have expertise in cross-border transactions and assignments involving Europe, the USA and other parts of the globe.
The In-House Lawyer
We have regularly featured as a contributor to The In-House Lawyer, a magazine for in-house counsel in the UK and EMEA, on a range of restructuring and insolvency topics. Our article archive can be found here.
Our recent experience
- We advised a group of companies involved in real estate investment and development, headquartered in the US, on the legal issues surrounding a subsidiary’s secured debt and possible solutions to its insolvency. This included advising on procedures to put a Channel Islands company into administration in England and related legal issues.
- We advised the liquidators of a multinational technology company on the Insolvency Act and Rules with particular regard to a significant disputed claim for commission fees by an adviser to the company.
- We advised a UK technology company on a complex restructuring of its debt by means of a sale and lease back of the company’s stock and the refinancing of a debt due to a related company. The effect of the transaction was to strengthen the company balance sheet so as to enable it to compete for major contracts in the public sector.
- We acted for a financially troubled media plc on a re-structuring involving a public placing and open offer of new shares, a capital re-organisation and a waiver of obligations under Rule 9 of the City Code on Takeover and Mergers.
- We advised the administrators of a specialist tour operator on relevant CAA requirements in relation to the companies ATOL and the disposal of assets.
Who to contact
Brexit watch…the latest developments
Druces LLP has been keeping track of the latest Brexit dev...
Read More >
Druces shortlisted for two leading European wealth industry awards
City of London law firm, Druces LLP, has been shortlisted in...
Read More >