Commercial Property Transactions
Druces’ commercial property team represents a wide range of property clients in the sale, purchase and leasing of every type of property – freehold or leasehold – from small stand alone units to multi-million pound office blocks, retail and industrial parks.
We tailor our approach to suit each individual client whether they are acquiring for development potential, as an investment, or for occupation. When acting on a sale we make every effort to prepare thoroughly and address problematic issues from the outset so that, once the sale process starts, completion – and with it the desired cessation of outgoings and / or receipt of a capital sum – is achieved just as soon as possible.
Legal 500 commentary
The team at Druces LLP, led by Nicholas Brent, advised Condé Nast on the acquisition of six floors of a West End property to headquarter the company, and acted for Bank of London and The Middle East on various transactions. The firm is also sole property adviser to Hugo Boss.
- Druces pioneered investment in property by syndication for private investors some 20 years ago, enabling individuals to join syndicates for the purpose of investing in commercial property as part of a group. In 2014 we advised over 100 syndicates in all matters relating to their investment, from initial purchase of investment property through a nominee company, its subsequent management and eventual disposal.
- We deal with the UK property interests of a privately owned American magazine publishing group. Over the years this has expanded from the administration of their London headquarters to the acquisition of and dealing with other properties in London and other parts of England including an overflow headquarters building and a building acquired for the purpose of an internet magazine business.
- We act for a foreign exchange brokerage with offices in all major financial centres around the world. We acquired their UK head office premises for them in London and have dealt with management issues and personal matters for the UK based partners since then.
- We acted for a London art auction house on the acquisition of a London headquarters for them to incorporate auction rooms and have been instructed in connection with the letting of some of the space there at what will be one of the highest rents paid in London’s West End in 2015.
- We advised a US media technology business on the taking of 60,000 sq ft of media-serviced office space in London to serve as a UK HQ.
Who to contact
Druces Associate contributes to Data Privacy Report
Claire Rigby, Associate, Druces LLP, has contributed to the ...
Read More >
Druces advises appScatter Group plc on its AIM IPO
Druces LLP, the City-based business and private wealth law f...
Read More >