On 15th March 2022, the Economic Crime (Transparency and Enforcement) Act 2022 (the “Act”) received Royal Assent. According to the Government, the Act aims to tackle economic crime by...Find out more
Druces LLP: a dynamic, sector-focused firm
The application period for our 2023 and 2024 Trainee Programme is now open until 15 July 2022. Please note, we also have a vacancy available for September 2022, to apply complete the process detailed on this page.
Druces is a firm which is proud of its long history, but equally proud of the way we invest a great deal in staying relevant to our current and future client base through professional development, industry engagement and market analysis. We want to be a firm that leads the debate in our chosen sectors and, to that end, we are involved in a number of collaborations which position Druces as a thought-leader.
What are we looking for in our trainees?
We want to see bright, creative minds join our expanding team. Our firm values people skills and creativity as much as academic achievement; and trainee recruitment is an important process for the firm. We invest a lot of time and energy in the process as we are recruiting for the firm’s future, looking for dedicated and committed individuals who will contribute to our continuing success and develop rewarding careers.
What’s in it for you as a Druces trainee?
We will work with you and help you to become the most astute and commercial lawyer you can be. As part of your development, you will spend six-months in the following four practice areas.
- Real Estate
- Dispute Resolution
- Private Client
- Corporate & Commercial
Unlike larger firms, Druces provides opportunities for more hands-on experience and one-on-one attention from our partners and other senior lawyers. As a Druces trainee, you will get a first-class legal grounding and access to talented and approachable colleagues. Our trainees certainly enjoy honing their skills in the Druces environment.
Please note that we are unable to provide funding for the LPC.
We want to keep the application process simple. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to apply for our Training Programme:
- Download our Application Form and save it on your own device so that you can edit and return to it when you are ready. At this stage you can also download our Equal Opportunities Form
- We will ask you for details on basic personal information, education and work experience
- We want to get to know you and find out why you want to pursue a legal career at Druces. Take the chance to clearly think through your answers and highlight your skills, goals and ambitions, as well as why you believe Druces is right for you
- Open an email and write a covering note in support of your application form. The covering email should be no more than 500 words
- Attach your application forms to the email and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have chosen to complete our Equal Opportunities Form, please also attach this to your email as well.
- Please title the email in this format – “[Name], Training Contract [intake] application”, e.g. “John/Jane Smith, Training Contract September 2024 application”
- Please note we will not be accepting applications after the 15th July 2022 deadline
What you can expect from our trainee recruitment process
Each application will be individually reviewed by a member of our recruitment team, and we will let you know whether your application will be progressed.
We understand that choosing the right firm is key. Our assessment event is a chance for you and for Druces to mutually decide whether a Training Contract with us is the right choice.
At the event you will be asked to prepare an individual presentation. We will also ask you to complete a written test. You will also get to meet some of our lawyers, including our current trainees, who will discuss their training and answer any questions you may have.
Successful applicants will then go through a two-stage interview process, at which point we make our final decision.
If you have any questions surrounding Training Contracts or the application process, please contact our recruitment team at email@example.com.