Druces’ team acted for technology company Cool Planet Technologies Limited (CPT), on their Series A funding round which closed with a capital raise of €3m from three blue chip...
Druces is recognised as a leading law firm in the latest edition of Legal 500, the respected international directory, and ranked in many of its practice areas.
This year’s edition sees the firm maintain its ranking in the vast majority of its practice areas, while also being recognised as ‘Firm to Watch’ in the construction sector.
We continue to be ranked highly for many services across the firm, such as our ongoing success in the M&A (smaller deals) and personal tax, trusts and probate categories.
Druces teams in Legal 500
Legal 500 highlights a number of areas for particular praise, including:
- Islamic Finance: The very experienced, friendly and approachable team is always at the end of the phone to help with advice on structuring both at an early stage to aid client negotiations and right the way through the life cycle of the deal.’
- Equity Capital Markets: ‘The practice is close knit with a genuine feel to it. There is a lot of partner time which makes any client feel welcomed and appreciated. Overall the staff are extremely knowledgeable and can be trusted on any issue in the ECM space.’
- Corporate Restructuring & Insolvency: ‘Each touch point is well managed, executed with precision and all provided with a personal and friendly service.’
- M&A: ‘Highly skilled and highly responsive individuals who clearly put client care and practical support at the forefront of their service. Collaborative in their approach to transactions, working closely and efficiently with the wider client advisory team.’
- Private Client: ‘In our core business we work with many law firms and Druces is by far the best experience we have ever hard. Different level, and extremely high standards.’
- Contentious Trusts and Probate: ‘The team has real expertise and the capability to deal with large cross border estate and trust issues’.
- Real Estate – Residential: ‘I have worked with Druces for several years and always found them to be reactive but more especially proactive. As a layman I have little or no knowledge of property law, my contacts at Druces have always been there to make sure I am on the right track and that we are aware of changes in the regulations as they affect our business‘.
- Real Estate – Commercial: ‘The Druces property team are a pretty agile lot – responsive, accessible and armed with good commercial advice. Their legal knowledge is extensive but the focus is on practical solutions.’
- Property Litigation: ‘My standout experience with this department was the forensic attention to detail, coupled with hard-headed commercial advice.’
- Real Estate Finance: ‘What makes Druces LLP unique is their ability to provide a bespoke service tailored to each client. They really know how to make a client feel like they are their only client. Their sophistication, depth of experience and legal creativity – especially in the area of complex real estate transactions – is simply unrivalled. When there is an unprecedented situation alleged to be perilous, there is no better partner to have in the trenches than Druces.’
Druces lawyers in Legal 500
Some of the Druces’ lawyers recognised by Legal 500 include:
- Karen Chapman: ‘she has represented us in a recent acquisition and delivered above and beyond expectations in terms of thoroughness and commerciality’.
- Robert Macro: ‘technically extremely competent, out of the box thinker, can explain very difficult and complex issues in a clear and succinct way, sophisticated thinker and problem solver, very personable and approachable lawyer’.
- Antony Cotton: ‘commercial, pragmatic and cool under pressure…a cut above the rest and a refreshing and valuable approach.’
- Matthew Duncan: ‘is simply by far the best lawyer we have engaged; He builds trust based on actions, and his legal knowledge is superior to anyone we have engaged before. A lawyer for life.’
- Suzanne Middleton Lindsley: ‘she stood out because she dedicated her time and put in a lot of effort throughout my property transaction. Even though there was a substantial amount of paperwork to get through, she was very patient and we went through every single document one by one with a keen attention to detail.’
- Adrian Footer: ‘I’ve worked with Adrian Footer on many commercial property deals and his advice has always been sound, practical and useful.’
- Helen Freely: ‘is an excellent lawyer who really goes the extra mile for her clients in order to secure a good outcome for them’.
- Paul Levy: ‘demonstrated an extremely wide knowledge showing a quite exceptional understanding of his field of law. He also possesses the ability to deliver his advice in a most sensible practical and understandable manner.’
- Dominic Traynor: ‘is an exceptional legal adviser, both commercial and practical – his depth of experience in industry matters and general commerciality provides insight well beyond that expected of a legal adviser.
- Jack Dervyn: ‘is proving to be a highly accomplished and trusted legal adviser. He was instrumental in the completion of concluding the amicable termination of a joint venture with mining major.’
- Benjamin Lomer: ‘has always shown excellent knowledge and client interaction skills to achieve the best possible outcome for clients.’
- Caroline Cropley: ‘is very knowledgeable, very responsive and displays excellent project management.’
Druces’ Capital Markets team has advised long standing client Kavango Resources PLC in connection with a prospectus and £3m fundraising by way of a placing and subscription, which also...
Druces’ corporate team has advised IDEAL INDUSTRIES, INC. (“IDEAL”) in connection with the sale of one of its divisions, CMD, to Rubicon Partners. IDEAL INDUSTRIES, INC. is a global,...