If so, a recent High Court decision in Hashmi v Lorimer-Wing  EWHC 191 (Ch) means you should review your company’s Articles. Before this case it was generally accepted...Find out more
Druces is recognised as a leading law firm in the latest edition of Legal 500, the respected international directory, and ranked in many of its practice areas.
This year’s edition sees the firm maintain its ranking in the vast majority of its practice areas, while also being recognised as ‘One to Watch’ in the residential property sector.
We continue to be ranked highly for many services across the firm, such as our ongoing success in the M&A (smaller deals) and personal tax, trusts and probate categories.
Druces teams in Legal 500
Legal 500 highlights a number of areas for particular praise, including:
- M&A: ‘One of Druces’ big strengths is its size; big enough to cope with anything we ask them to do, but still of a manageable size in terms of accessibility and client care. It makes dealing with the firm very easy, straightforward and stress free. Billing is fair and transparent and communication is strong, effective and on point.’
- Mining and minerals: ‘They have strong industry knowledge and experience with the impression of having acted within the industry, not advising from outside.’
- Equity and Capital Markets: ‘Commercial and knowledgeable team – always a pleasure to work with.’
- Corporate Restructuring & Insolvency: ‘This practice was fast and efficient, and very helpful by explaining all steps needed. They took me through stages step by step so that I understood everything clearly.’
- Private Client: ‘Lovely team and a very safe set of hands across the board. Combine legal knowledge with humanity, which is a rare combination in a ruthless market.’
- Commercial Property – Corporate Occupiers: ‘Druces have always given excellent legal advice but importantly it comes with common sense and practical application that makes assessment of the business risk easy to evaluate. They don’t try to confuse you up with legalese and red tape.’
- Property Litigation: ‘My standout experience with this department was the forensic attention to detail, coupled with hard-headed commercial advice.’
- Real Estate Finance: ‘What makes Druces LLP unique is their ability to provide a bespoke service tailored to each client. They really know how to make a client feel like they are their only client. Their sophistication, depth of experience and legal creativity – especially in the area of complex real estate transactions – is simply unrivalled. When there is an unprecedented situation alleged to be perilous, there is no better partner to have in the trenches than Druces.’
Druces lawyers in Legal 500
Some of the Druces’ lawyers recognised by Legal 500 include:
- Robert Macro is ‘a superb legal mind who knows how to handle the ever-changing private client landscape with ease and provides timely solutions.’
- Charles Avens is ‘extremely professional, courteous and a pleasure to work with.’
- Christopher Axford – ‘the willingness to work collaboratively and to tight timescales sets the team apart – Christopher Axford in particular shows great commercial awareness and client focus.
- Matthew Duncan is ‘a leader in his field, best private client lawyer – a true rock in any situation. During the most difficult of times he has always been there for me and my family.’
- Adrian Footer is an ‘excellent lawyer and very strong on their real estate practice… great communicator and, importantly, very focused.’
- Helen Freely ‘is very experienced and clearly trusted by her clients, for whom she works very hard and keeps focused on their ultimate goals and best interests.’
- Paul Levy – ‘a rising star in this year’s edition is ‘knowledgeable, reliable, proactive and genuine. I feel he went above and beyond for me to get the best outcome possible. I have, and will, recommend to any of my friends and colleagues who need an excellent solicitor.
- Suzanne Middleton-Lindsley ‘really stands out, as she has provided what is truly a partner-led service. She impressed me with her quick grasp of the very complex circumstances and her in-depth knowledge of how real estate should be structured really gave me great confidence.’
- Dominic Traynor is ‘very responsive, very intelligent, always providing sound advice.’
- Ben Lomer has an ‘ability to identify the key issues in a legally and factually complicated dispute and provide practical commercial solutions.’
- Caroline Cropley is ‘friendly and approachable, readily contactable, and commercially minded. She gave clear and jargon free advice.’
News & Insights
Citywealth’s Brand Management & Reputation Awards highlight corporate brands and reputation management in the private wealth industry. At Tuesday’s award ceremony, Danyal Bhatti, Druces’ Business Development & Marketing Executive,...Find out more
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) are looking to attract growth firms by potentially eliminating the choice of two segments (Premium or Standard). They recently published feedback on the ongoing...Find out more