We act primarily for claimant companies and individuals in bringing negligence claims against business; financial and construction industry professionals, including lawyers; accountants; financial professionals; trust managers; consulting engineers; surveyors; and architects.
- We acted as legal representative for the owner of a property business with a substantial professional negligence claim against the company’s former accountants for advice given regarding VAT.
- We advised a leading individual working in financial services in respect of a potential claim for professional negligence against his former accountants who mis-advised him in respect of his and the company’s personal and corporation tax liabilities.
- We advised on an interesting professional negligence claim against one of the four big accountancy firms that, in their representation of our client, failed to close an enquiry made on our client’s behalf, that led to the incurring of higher costs.
- We advised a building developer on a professional negligence matter relating to our client’s purchase of a property where the solicitor acting on the purchase failed to advise on a restrictive covenant.
- We acted as legal representative for the owner of an office park on a substantial professional negligence claim against consulting engineers in respect of the design of concrete slabs in a number of the buildings in the office park, achieving a valuable settlement before trial of the action.
Court Examines Balance of Risk Between Landlord and Tenant
During the pandemic, the relationship between commercial lan...
Read More >
Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act 2020 (CIGA)
CIGA came into force in June 2020 with a number of temporary...
Read More >