We have experience of handling all types of arbitration under the full range of rules including LCIA, ICC, ICSID, UNCITRAL, GAFTA (and other trade associations) and CIArb as well as under the Arbitration Act 1996. We have particular experience in dealing with international trade and commercial arbitrations, and investment treaty arbitrations. As well as handling arbitrations in England & Wales we are often called on to manage or provide advice and assistance with arbitrations conducted overseas. We work very closely with our extensive network of arbitration experts in other jurisdictions.
In addition to conducting arbitrations in England and overseas, we can advise on drafting arbitration agreements, setting up ad hoc arbitrations once a dispute has arisen, selecting and appointing tribunals and handling associated court applications including appeals and the enforcement of arbitration awards in England and world-wide. Our team includes members of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and qualified advocates.
- We acted for a Formula 1 driver obtaining an award of specific performance in arbitration proceedings against his team relating to his contractual entitlement to be one of the team’s nominated race drivers for 2015 and related enforcement proceedings in the English courts and overseas leading to a successful conclusion.
- We acted for the subsidiary of a major multinational FMCG company in arbitration proceedings in London against an African counterpart.
- Our lawyers acted for a US Investment Fund claiming US$250m against a European state for unfair treatment in connection with a tender for the privatised telecommunications industry under a bilateral investment treaty and related court proceedings for injunctive relief.
- Our lawyers acted for a US car manufacturer defending a US$300m claim arising out of the termination of a car assembly agreement and related joint venture agreements. The assembly agreement was governed by German law and subject to UNCITRAL arbitration in Paris.
- We successfully obtained leave from the High Court to enforce two Ukrainian arbitration awards.
- Acting for a US-based investment fund enforcing a London arbitration award in Tanzania resulting in payment
- Our lawyers advised a European Ministry of Finance on a US$50m claim by an investor in relation to the granting of broadcasting licences under a bilateral investment treaty.
- Our lawyers represented a pharmaceuticals company defending a US$12m claim for damages in a dispute about an allegedly defective medical device supplied under a Swiss law contract, referred to ICC arbitration in London.
Who to contact
Druces LLP supports the Teenage Cancer Trust at its flagship event at the Royal Albert Hall
As part of Druces’ ongoing commitment to Corporate Social ...
Read More >
Druces’ Healthcare Team shortlisted for ‘Transactional Legal Advisor of the Year’ at the HealthInvestor Awards 2019
City law firm, Druces LLP, has been shortlisted for a leadin...
Read More >