Commercial Dispute Resolution
We provide specialist commercial litigation services in three main areas: commercial and contractual disputes; disputes relating to partnerships, joint ventures, shareholdings, and corporate structures; and professional negligence claims for claimants. We act for individuals, companies, LLPs, and partners involved in business. We have particular experience and knowledge of the commercial property industry; the financial services sector; the care home sector; charities, and schools.
Legal 500 commentary
The firm’s commercial litigation practice is recommended in Legal 500 2019, which notes. “Druces LLP‘s ‘litigators understand clients‘ needs and their advice is always spot-on’.” The firm merged with London-based Ronaldsons, adding commercial litigator Neil Hayter to the group.
- Advising and representing the UK distributor of a well known manufacturer in connection with a substantial leak of confidential information about its business to a competitor.
- Acting for an English registered company and its director in Commercial Court proceedings relating to its operations in Indonesia, pursuing claims for unpaid fees and defending a substantial counterclaim from its parent company for breach of directors’ fiduciary duties.
- Acting as legal representative for the owner of a property business with a substantial professional negligence claim against the company’s former accountants for advice given regarding VAT.
- We advised in connection with a claim being made against our client by the liquidators of his former consulting company for recovery of alleged director’s loan account and in respect of a potential claim for professional negligence against his former accountants who mis-advised him in respect of his and the company’s personal and corporation tax liabilities.
- We acted in a complex and difficult High Court litigation involving partners to a property joint-venture and associated companies, achieving our clients’ goals in a settlement before trial.
Eviction ban ending for landlords wishing to recover possession
The UK government confirmed last week that the temporary ban...
Read More >
Covid vaccination and employment rights: what is the position for employees and businesses?
Our ‘No jab, no job’ workplace policy guide is o...
Read More >