Real Estate Dispute Resolution
We advise a broad cross section of clients on all forms of disputes and legal proceedings relating to commercial property, including disputes relating to joint-venture and partnership arrangements relating to property; nuisance claims; service charge issues; applications to the Upper Tribunal to modify and discharge restrictive covenants affecting land; rent recovery; landlord and tenant insolvency; dilapidations and repair claims; boundary disputes; and disputes relating to the construction and meaning of property-related contracts such as agreements for lease, leases, overage agreements, guarantees, and sale contracts.
We also advise private and corporate clients on all aspects of landlord and tenant law in relation to the acquisition and disposal of commercial and residential property, property management, lease termination issues, statutory renewal and extension of commercial and residential leases.
Legal 500 commentary
The Property Litigation team has been recognised in the Legal 500, as a “good, strong player in the market’ which offers a ‘forensic and insightful approach to any given dispute’.” The team is praised for it’s ‘overall excellent level of service’.
- We advised an educational establishment on the issues relating to restrictive covenants that prevented the use of the land for the construction and use of a new Primary School. An agreement was reached which resulted in the subsequent settlement of all but one of the registered objectors’ objections and the determination of the application in our client’s favour.
- We advised the landlord of a London industrial estate in respect of the termination of the tenant’s interest and issues consequent on that, including dilapidations and other liabilities.
- We advised a property developer client on issues arising out of its sale of a substantial development site for over £10 million including obligations to maintain a reserve fund to meet the national homebuilder purchaser’s liabilities under a Section 106 agreement.
- We act for a considerable number of syndicated property investment clients in relation to contentious landlord and tenant issues arising out of the retail property syndicates managed by an organising surveyor.
- We work with a large UK charity with regard to property litigation issues arising out of its extensive retail and other property portfolio including boundary disputes, blocked rights of way, rights of light issues, lease renewals and similar landlord and tenant issues.
- We have advised a number of Middle Eastern individuals with regard to family interests in high value London residences. That has included advising on disputes between family members with regard to the ownership of the property, including where legal title is vested in offshore registered companies.
Who to contact
The new Job Support Scheme – what you need to know
This week, the Chancellor of the Exchequer introduced the ne...
Read More >
French trusts: the deadline to file annual returns has been extended
Trustees of trusts with connections to France must declare t...
Read More >
Druces crowned International Legal & Fiduciary Team at the WealthBriefing European Awards 2020
Druces, one of Europe’s industry leaders has been crowned ...
Read More >
Druces announces new Head of Private Client
Druces today marks an important changing-of-the-guard in its...
Read More >