City law firm Druces is delighted to have been recommended in 12 legal categories in the latest edition of Legal 500, (2020) which has just been published, together with commendations for a number of our lawyers.
Legal 500 highlights a number of areas for particular praise, including:
- Druces’ M&A team are ‘strong and very competent. They understand the realities of small business. Capable of delivering solutions in real time and without the dreaded clock-watching prevalent in the legal profession’;
- Mining and minerals – a new ranking for 2020 – ‘Druces provides a full range of relevant advisory services. Clients frequently instruct them for M&A, fundraising, share option schemes, Market Abuse Regulations, HR contracts, major supplier contracts, company secretarial and general corporate advice.’
- Druces’ Private Client (Charities) team ‘is absolutely dedicated to its clients and will go to great lengths to service them. This earns it enormous respect’;
- Commercial Property: Corporate Occupiers – ‘A very hardworking, diligent and thorough property team with a high level of analytical skills and legal knowledge. A good level of communication between the team and client with a partner always up to date with the transaction. The team has specialist knowledge on setting up property syndicates‘;
- Druces’ Commercial Litigation team are ‘very hardworking, organised and committed to getting the right results for clients’.
- Real Estate Litigation – ‘The team’s real strength is the ability to translate sound legal knowledge into commercial and practical solutions‘;
- Real Estate Finance – ‘Druces stands out for its partner-led service, clear ownership and accountability on transactions, and speed of execution’; and
- Immigration – ‘A fast service and comprehensive advice’;
- Islamic Finance in which ‘the team is commercial and professional in its approach, clearly cares for its clients and takes pride in its work.’
Druces’ lawyers recognised by Legal 500 include:
Charles Avens ‘is very approachable and professional’;
Christopher Axford ‘is very responsive and explains issues clearly, while also being extremely professional and making us feel very valued’;
David Bennett ‘is a standout commercial lawyer. Provides succinct and focused advice on all commercial areas. He has the gravitas and experience for all levels of M&A‘;
Nicholas Brent ‘has been incredibly supportive, providing clear advice and guidance. He is accessible and responsive and able to explain options clearly and concisely’;
Rachel Brown ‘is always fast to respond, and honest and balanced in her advice’.
Karen Chapman ‘is consistently excellent. Her approach is commercial and pragmatic, yet strong where and when required’;
Adrian Footer is ‘consistently on the ball with good sound technical advice; very approachable and commercial‘;
Helen Freely ‘is an excellent solicitor. She is always available, efficient, knowledgeable and wise in her dealings with me as a client‘;
Julian Johnstone is praised for his ‘deep technical knowledge, which, combined with his vast experience produces advice, which is both clever and pragmatic’;
Suzanne Middleton-Lindsley ‘has proved to be very diligent in her approach to property purchases – she is always available when required for high level and strategic advice’;
Charles Spragge is ‘a real asset, who is sensible and sensitive in his handling of clients’;
Dominic Traynor ‘is very knowledgeable on corporate and governance matters. He is particularly commercially savvy. He is good at finding solutions to problems and is very personable and reliable’;
For a complete run down of Druces’ performance and associated commentary from Legal 500, please visit our Legal 500 page.