Leisure and Hospitality
We have a great deal of experience of advising leisure and hospitality operators across the full range of their legal needs on both contentious and non-contentious matters. That includes advising on all corporate and commercial, property and employment matters that leisure and hospitality operators encounter. A feature of our leisure and hospitality practice has been our team working with restaurant and bar operators to grow their business through site acquisition and development but also underpinning that growth through commercial protection and dispute resolution, where necessary. We work with a variety of leisure and hospitality operators across the full range of their property estate issues, often involving large portfolios, development or refurbishment financing. We have also acted for a number of overseas businesses looking to set up in the UK, advising them on all matters connected to doing business in the UK.
- We act for a privately owned property development company that has a particular focus on bar and restaurant development. We advise across the full range of its property, construction and planning requirements.
- We advised the administrators of a specialist tour operator on relevant CAA requirements in relation to the companies ATOL and the disposal of assets.
- We advised a Dubai based group in connection with the sharia’a compliant property finance for a London hotel development.
- We acted (for the sellers) the disposal of a theatre business to a competitor company.
- We advised the owner of a London hotel selling with the benefit of a planning permission to demolish and rebuild so as to double in size and particularly on the need for implementation within the life of the permission and the position with regard to undischarged pre-commencement conditions.
- We acted for the owner of a mixed use commercial building in the centre of Liverpool in relation to the recovery of service charge arrears and the assignment of a large bar premises out of an insolvent pub chain.
Who to contact
City of London law firm, Druces LLP has advised Belvedere Leisure Resorts PLC on £25m bond issue to fund luxury Scottish leisure resort
Druces’ Capital Markets team has advised Belvedere Leisure...
Read More >
Druces’ Real Estate Finance Briefing – The Sky’s The Limit (04.12.19)
The Sky’s the Limit On 4 December 2019, our Real Estate Fi...
Read More >