Druces’ has longstanding experience in advising on all aspects of property finance, combining expertise in technical legal matters with knowledge of market trends and commercial developments affecting the sector.
We act for borrowers and lenders on major real estate finance transactions, including property acquisition finance, construction finance, ‘off-plan’ development funding, bridging and mezzanine facilities and listed and unlisted corporate and REIT property funding transactions. Our clients include national and international: banks and financial institutions, investment funds, bridging and mezzanine finance providers, property companies, private investors, building societies and a range of borrowers.
Legal 500 commentary
Druces was again ranked in the Legal 500 for Property Finance work, with this year’s entry noting. “Advising on seven transactions for new client Alpha Bridging, the ‘excellent’ Druces LLP also acts for Bank of London and the Middle East (BLME), putting its knowledge of Shari’ah compliance to good use. Christopher Axford is recommended.”
- During 2014/15 we advised over 100 property investment syndicates in all matters relating to their investment, from initial purchase of investment property through a nominee company and its financing, its subsequent management and eventual disposal.
- We advise a notable London bank on the terms of its new property finance transactions. All of these facilities were to property developers and all involved development or refurbishment financing. Our advice included sharia’a compliance advice.
- We acted for a property investment company in the £25m refinancing of a portfolio of retail and business parks in the South of England.
- We advised an Islamic bank on the £30m financing, through a Murabaha structure, of a large Midlands logistics hub.
- We acted for a group of Middle Eastern Investors in connection with the acquisition and lease back of a government building in the East Midlands.
- We advised two new bridging finance providers on all aspects of their business, from incorporation and regulatory matters, through to assisting with their day to day lending transactions.
Who to contact
Druces shortlisted for two leading Private Wealth industry awards
City law firm, Druces LLP, has been shortlisted for two lead...
Read More >
Druces’ Natural Resources team heads to Cape Town (Mining Indaba, 4–7 February 2019)
Druces’ Capital Markets and Natural Resources specialists,...
Read More >