Antony is a Partner in Druces’ Corporate & Commercial team. He has built up a wealth of expertise in transactional work such as advising clients on M&A, private investment, and joint ventures.
Over time, Antony’s practice has pivoted away from general corporate transactional work and towards financial services. Today he spends much of his time advising banks and other lending institutions and corporate borrowers on a wide array of leveraged financing transactions including acquisition, real estate and trade finance as well as general corporate lending and Sharia’a compliant finance.
Antony regularly advises clients on FCA regulatory issues surrounding financial promotion and regulated activities. He also advises managers in relation to the set-up, structuring and documenting of property, venture, debt and hedge funds.
Australian born, Antony is admitted as a solicitor in both Australia (Queensland) and England & Wales. He also holds a Bachelor of Business degree, majoring in banking and finance.
- “Antony Cotton is responsive, agile and really drives momentum on transactions. He has a no-nonsense approach and knows when to cut to the chase.”
- “Antony Cotton is responsive, agile and really drives momentum on transactions. He has a no-nonsense approach and knows when to cut to the chase. Antony Cotton took a hands-on approach, led the client through the legals on a sale process producing a great result for the client. Antony consistently made himself available, clearly making the client a priority”
- “Antony has built a reputation as a skilled advisor and is commended by clients for his commercial and pragmatic style, this is exemplified in the Legal 500 directory where Antony is described as: “sensitive to the needs of our particular business and takes the trouble to understand what really matters to us; he’s an excellent lawyer, but what makes the difference is his commerciality”.
- “Antony Cotton has been first class in their handling of Cool Planet’s fund raise and share issue. Commercial and cool under pressure – theirs is the business of law. A cut above the rest and a refreshing and valuable approach, to say the least – and his patience and ability to herd cats is quite an art!”
- “Both Anthony Cotton and Rebecca Pinder are able to quickly highlight the potential points of contention in documentation”.
What clients say about Antony
- “We couldn’t have had a better, more dedicated team to assist us… Antony…seemed to never sleep during the dealmaking process – [he was] extremely responsive and timely each step of the way…[and] extremely pleasant to work with and given the intensity, that cannot be underscored as far as importance”