Benjamin Lomer is a partner and Head of Property Litigation in Druces LLP’s Litigation and Dispute Resolution team. He has wide experience in dealing with both property litigation and commercial litigation matters.
In respect of commercial property, Ben acts for both landlords and tenants and specialises in business tenancies including advising lease renewals, terminations, and dealing with associated notices and Court proceedings.
Ben is familiar and experienced with advising landlords on the implications of tenant insolvency events, including those who have entered into CVA’s.
Ben regularly deals with enforcement issues, including recovery of rent arrears, dilapidations claims, and recovering vacant possession of property when necessary.
In respect of residential property, Ben acts for landlords and tenants in dealing with enfranchisement both on an individual basis (lease extension) and collective basis (purchase of freehold).
Ben also deals with high value cases regarding breaches of lease.
Ben deals with the associated notices, Court or Tribunal proceedings.
Ben is a member of the Property Litigation Associate and London Solicitors Litigation Association and he accepts referrals and acts on an agency basis for other law firms.
He lives in South West London with his wife and is usually found cycling in South West London or watching rugby at Harlequins.
In Legal 500 2019, Benjamin is recognised for his contribution to property litigation matters, focusing on his work on leasehold enfranchisement, forfeiture and possession proceedings, and dilapidations.
- “Benjamin Lomer is very thorough, explores every angle to get the best result for his clients and has strong attention-to-detail”
- “standout individual’ Benjamin as providing ‘pragmatic commercially minded advice”.
- “Ben Lomer; pragmatic, commercially minded timely advise”.
- “Ben Lomer has always shown excellent knowledge and client interaction skills to achieve the best possible outcome for clients”.
The following testimonials have been taken from the 2021 edition of the Legal 500 directory:
- “I have dealt with Ben Lomer on a number of occasions and would not hesitate to recommend him. He is extremely personable and approachable, thorough, tenacious with an acute eye for detail and is an absolute pleasure to work with. He is also extremely knowledgeable about the complex world of landlord and tenant, both commercial and residential.”
- “Ben Lomer is a very capable lawyer, offering pragmatic and commercial advice to clients.”
- “Benjamin Lomer in particular stands out for his commercial and client-focused approach”