Jack is a Partner in Druces’ Corporate & Commercial Department. As a key member of our Capital Markets practice, Jack’s services include AIM listings, transitions from AIM to the Main Market, direct Main Market listings, secondary fundraisings and dual listings involving overseas exchanges.
As well as representing issuers coming to the market for the first time, Jack advises issuers and their boards in relation to the ongoing requirements of being a publicly quoted company. Jack’s focus is principally on issuer side work, and he has also acted for various corporate advisers.
Jack has developed a particular expertise in advising cash shells, quoted companies, or companies seeking admission to a stock exchange in the natural resources, technology and corporate finance sectors, with operations spread across the world.
Jack also advises clients on convertible loan notes, mergers and acquisitions and a variety of public company work.
Outside of work, Jack enjoys exploring London, keeping fit and attending concerts. He regularly visits Northern France with his wife.
In the Legal 500, Jack is recognised for his ‘notable expertise in acting for international oil and gas exploration and production companies’ as well as for his work advising clients ‘on IPOs on AIM, reverse takeovers and equity capital raisings’.
What clients say about Jack…
- “Jack Dervyn is exceptionally great and gets tight difficult legal projects done very speedily!”
- “Jack Dervyn – very detail orientated and always has great availability. Jack is a testament to all corporate lawyers with work ethic and specialist sector knowledge”
- “Jack Dervyn – very detail orientated and always has great availability. Jack is a testament to all corporate lawyers with work ethic and specialist sector knowledge.”
- “Jack Dervyn has emerged as a highly accomplished and trusted legal adviser. He was instrumental in the completion of concluding the amicable termination of a joint venture. In addition to his excellent advice on UK commercial and corporate matters, Jack has demonstrated his ability to provide advice to enable the Company to navigate legal matters across different jurisdictions”
- “Jack Dervyn is one of the most competent lawyers I have ever met. Brilliant both with clients and the technical nature of what needs to be done”
- “Jack and David helped us to move quickly and efficiently to take advantage of this opportunity. I was very impressed with how they could guide us through the process to close the placing. The timeline to completion was exceptionally tight and Druces delivered”
- “RentGuarantor exists to fulfil a market need within the private rental property sector, but we also have big ambitions to grow new revenue streams through the innovative use of technology. We are very excited about the prospects for the business trading on AQUIS, and I would like to thank the team at Druces LLP and in particular Jack [Dervyn] for his excellent support and professionalism over the course of the listing process. I look forward to working with Jack and the team as we grow the business”.
- “The Druces team led by Jack Dervyn and Dominic Traynor did a great job of facilitating an effective and efficient conclusion to bring our joint venture with mining major, Rio Tinto, to a conclusion. Furthermore, they offered commercial insights as well as expert legal input, and were very flexible in the times that they provided assistance to recognise the parties’ varying time-zones”