Richard is a highly regarded Construction lawyer with broad experience across the sector. This encompasses the drafting of all forms of construction contracts and the handling of complex disputes in construction and engineering cases, both domestic and international. His clients include contractors and subcontractors; property owners and developers; consultants and project stakeholders.
Multi-party litigation is a particular specialism. Richard has acted in a number of major disputes before the courts, as well as in arbitrations, adjudications and mediations. These cases have focussed on a range of infrastructure projects including, light rail, PFI agreements, hospitals, residential developments and sports stadia.
Richard has been recommended in Legal 500
“Richard Bailey is an outstanding tactician and strategist and has the tact and diplomatic skills needed to provide outstanding service… He is a real pleasure to work with and is peerless in giving sound advice – his knowledge of the legal nuances in his practice areas is at the highest levels.”
- CJP Builders v William Verry – Leading case on natural justice in adjudication.
- Nigel Witham v Smith & Isaac – A case on costs and when to mediate.
- West Country Renovations v Mr and Mrs McDowell – New guidance on value and type of claims to be heard in TCC.
- Penten Group v Spartafield – Adjudication enforcement case.
- Everwarm Limited v BN Rendering Limited