Mergers, Acquisitions & Disposals
We assist with acquisitions, disposals and mergers involving private and quoted companies and businesses, across a wide range of sectors.
In addition to negotiating transaction documentation, we provide services covering the whole process, including assistance in identifying potential targets/purchasers, managing the due diligence process, negotiating warranties and preparing disclosures, advising on financing and tax-efficient structures for both purchasers and sellers and post-completion integration of acquisitions into existing groups and with corporate restructuring. We are also able to assist clients on cross-border transactions and international businesses through our membership of Alliance of Business Lawyers.
Legal 500 commentary
Druces LLP’s ‘approachable and transparent’ team is led by Toby Stroh, and includes the ‘astute and knowledgeable’ Christopher Axford. As well as niche expertise in Shari’ah law, the team is known for its focus on the care sector, and advised Belgravia Care on the acquisition of an English care home operator.
- We advised one of the UK’s leading care investment companies in connection with the acquisition of an English care home operator, operating four units in the South of England. Our advice covered all aspects of the deal and is an example of our firm advising in the care sector, a niche industry specialism that the firm has built and developed.
- We advised a global software development company in connection with the UK aspects of an international group restructuring exercise, a process which incorporated complex share exchange and intra-group debt and equity conversions.
- We acted for a US energy company (and majority shareholders) in connection with a share sale and tender process involving a large number of UK based shareholders.
- We advised a UK plc in connection with the multi-million $ sale of its app catalogue and intellectual property to a US software company.
- The Druces’ team advised on FSMA requirements in relation to a proposed multi-million pound acquisition of a residential property developer. They also prepared investment documents for both on-shore and off-shore investors, which involved the creation of a loan note structure.
- We dealt with the complicated demerger of a multi-million pound family business. This was ultimately dealt with by way of a s110 arrangement including the acquisition by two SPVs of the shares and assets of the family holding company.
Who to contact
Druces gains far-reaching recognition in Legal 500 2019
City law firm Druces is delighted to have been recommended i...
Read More >
Druces appoints Edward Gordon-Hall as new Finance Director
City of London law firm, Druces LLP, is delighted to announc...
Read More >