We act primarily for companies and individuals in bringing negligence claims against businesses and industry professionals in sectors such as construction and finance. Examples of industry professionals we have brought negligence claims against include lawyers, accountants, financial professionals, trust managers, consulting engineers, surveyors and architects.
- We acted as legal representatives for the owner of a property business with a substantial professional negligence claim against the company’s former accountants for advice given regarding VAT.
- We advised a leading individual working in financial services in respect of a potential claim against his former accountants who had misadvised him regarding his and the company’s personal and corporation tax liabilities.
- We advised on an interesting claim against one of the four big accountancy firms that, in their representation of our client, failed to close an enquiry made on our client’s behalf, that led to the incurring of higher costs.
- We advised a building developer on a professional negligence matter relating to our client’s purchase of a property where the solicitor acting on the purchase failed to advise on a restrictive covenant.
- We acted as legal representative for the owner of an office park on a substantial professional negligence claim against consulting engineers in respect of the design of concrete slabs in a number of the buildings in the office park, achieving a valuable settlement before trial of the action.