Michael is a Senior Associate in the firm’s Litigation and Dispute Resolution team, having joined Druces in August 2014. He was previously with a large City firm, where he qualified.
Michael specialises in Property Litigation for mainly commercial clients and has experience of dealing with a wide range of property related issues including:
- Break notices and options;
- Breach of contract claims and serving Notices to Complete;
- Business lease renewals under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 both opposed and unopposed;
- Enfranchisement and lease extension;
- Rent arrears and possession actions including forfeiture;
- Rights of First Refusal 1987 Act;
- Rights to light issues;
- Tenant insolvency issues including tenant’s administration and liquidation and lease disclaimer.
In Legal 500, 2019 Michael is recommended for his work on property litigation. He was recognised in the 2017 edition for his experience advising landlords and tenant occupiers.